Tuesday

Wedding Day #1

January 17, 42 BC-
Today was my wedding. As tradition, my father chose my husband, which happens to be my cousin, Tiberius Claudius Nero. The major reason, I think, that my father chose him, is because they were fighting together against Octavian.

Anyway, the wedding went fairly well...nothing really significant. I can't see this marriage lasting long, but I am too afraid to tell my father. Who knows what he would do to me if he discovered my doubts. I pray to the gods that they bless me with sons to please my husband.

Until tomorrow,
Livia Drusilla
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Livia Drusilla did marry Tiberius Claudius Nero on January 17, 42 BC. As you will later find out, Liva's marriage with T. Claudius Nero did not last long.

statue of a Roman marriage ceremony


a painting of a Roman feast by Roberto Bompiani

No comments: