Monday

Greetings from Rome

Salve! As it is my first entry, I just want to give a little background of myself. I was born on January 30, 58 BC to my parents, M. Livius Drusus Claudianus and Alfidia (Mom and Dad, hope I spelled that right!!). My first husband was Ti. Claudius Nero, to whom I bore two sons. My first son, Tiberius was named after his father (my husband). However, my marriage to Ti. Claudius Nero did not last long and I married Julius Caesar Octavius (Augustus) when I was 6 months pregnant with my second son, Nero Claudius Drusus. My new husband, Julius Caesar Octavius divorced his first wife, Scribonia, to be with me. She had just given birth to Julia, a daughter. After Nero died, my two sons came and lived with my husband and I.

Well, I know that was a lot of information and I am ready to soak in the tub. A long day calls for a long bath!

Until tomorrow,
Livia Drusilla
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Please note that Livia Drusilla is no longer alive. I, as a student, am recreating her thoughts, feelings and actions with lots of fact and a little of imagination. After each entry, I will give you some more background information relevant to the current topic. After this first post, I will start from the beginning of Livia's life. The above post ("Greetings from Rome") outlines her life broadly.

No comments: