Wednesday

Meeting with Octavian

October 12, 39 BC-
Guess who I met today?? No, come on, really guess. I got to meet Octavian!! He was pretty good looking, and I could tell that he really liked me. Every time I looked up, he seemed to be staring at me. I was feeling a little uncomfortable about the whole situation, but he told me not to worry (I don't really know that's supposed to mean). Anyway, while I was in his presence, I thought- day dreamed rather- about what life might be like if we were married. It's not that I don't like my husband now because I do, but being married to him would be like a dream come true.

Sorry, my dreaming is going overboard. Sometimes, I just have to get my thoughts down on paper so that I can remember them. OH! By the way, the wine at the palace was really good. I wonder what they put in that stuff!?

Dum cras,
Livia Drusilla

PS I am pregnant!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Livia actually did formally meet Octavian in 39 BC. Legend says that he fell instantly in love with her, even though he was still married to Scribonia. Whether or not she actually ate with him or spent a long time with him at the first meeting, I do not know. This is just my imagination filling in the gaps. During the time while she was pregnant, Octavian persuaded (more like forced) Tiberius Claudius Nero to divorce Livia.