Saturday

A Joyous Day!

January 14, 39 BC-
In my last post, I told you that I was pregnant...well, 6 months pregnant! Today I have given birth to my second son, Drusus the Elder! And, to make matters more complicated and confusing, I am to be married to Octavian in three days! Yes, you heard me right. THREE DAYS!! Maybe now I can get POWER!!!!! He is much more powerful than I could ever be. Octavian must have been so captivated by my beauty, I AM beautiful you know, and decided to marry me. I heard from one of my trusted servants that he forced Tiberius to divorce me. Then, he had to divorce his wife too. Scribonia had her baby the very day that he divorced her! What a terrible blow! Oh no! I hear Drusus crying. He must be very hungry for I have spent a lot of time writing to you all.

Duty calls!
Dum cras (actually I will write again in 3 days...much to do for the wedding!)

Livia Drusilla
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: The facts above are true. Legend has it that Octavian fell immediately in love with Drusilla and divorced his wife in 39
BC, the very day that his wife gave birth to what would be his only child, a daughter, named Julia the Elder. Livia, at this time, was 6 months pregnant. Nero was supposedly persuaded or forced into divorcing Livia.


bust of Julia the elder, Octavian's only child


bust of Drusus of the Elder, Livia's second son

No comments: